Autumn is the season of citrus fruits, and their pairing with extra virgin olive oil couldn’t be sweeter. Prepare a fluffy Greek cake with fruit flavors and enjoy it perfectly with your tea or coffee!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 40-45 minutes at 180°C (356°F)
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 180 ml extra virgin olive oil (Mia Elia brand)
- 180 ml orange juice
- Zest from one orange and one lemon
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) on the air setting.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, excluding the sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar using an egg beater until they whiten.
- To the bowl with the liquid ingredients, add the extra virgin olive oil Mia Elia , the juice, and the zest from the lemon and orange. Mix well.
- Combine the two mixtures of dry and liquid ingredients, and use a whisk to thoroughly blend them until the batter is uniform.
- Grease a long cake pan (approximately 12×22 cm) with butter and dust it with flour to prevent the cake from sticking after baking.
- Pour the prepared batter into the cake pan and bake in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan once it has cooled, and dust it with powdered sugar.
Enjoy your delicious orange olive oil cake!